A horrendous sloping pitch at Chiddingfold on a wet and windy Saturday.
We have never beaten Chiddingfold,always seeming to fall to a late winner or equaliser.
A good start by Cranleigh with a fine shot by Ethan Payne and a header by Sullivan Howick both saved.
After 10 minutes a Cranleigh freekick on the edge of the Chiddingfold area was drilled into the top corner by Charlie Gibson for 1-0.

Cranleigh were creating lots of chances from corners. Ethan Payne had a volley cleared off the line , Sullivan Howick another headed chance and an effort narrowly over the bar by Harry Dancaster. Sullivan then had a 1 v1 with the keeper only to blaze over the crossbar. At the end of the half somehow it was only 1-0 to Cranleigh .

The second half started much the same with 2 headed efforts from corners by Alastair Hill. Unfortunately a long ball by Chiddingfold bounced awkwardly and we failed to clear as the
Chiddingfold forward nipped in for 1-1. Back came Cranleigh as a wide ball by Charlie Gibson to Sullivan was smashed home for 2-1. Another ball out wide by Gibbo to Sullivan was crossed into the area for Toby Davis to volley home 3-1. Sullivan was the provider again as he passed inside to Gibbo who from 25 yards hit a screamer into the topo corner 4-1.

A tackle by Harry Dancaster saw him down holding his arm and in a huge amount of pain .
Harry had to come off with a suspected broken arm and a reshuffle in the centre of defence.
With 5 minutes to go we were leading 4-1 and looking comfortable.
A chiddingfold corner was turned in for 4-2 which was rough justice after all our spurned chances from corners. 3 minutes to go and 4-2 up.

Another long ball by Chiddingfold again caused chaos leading to another goal 4-3
Panic started to set in and some composure was needed. Why at 4-3 up with seconds remaining and on the attack we didn’t try to keep the ball is beyond me. Losing possession led to yet another Chiddingfold long ball and as our keeper came out to clear he only managed to smash it against the forward and the ball agonisingly trickled over the line for 4-4. So from 4-1 up with 5 minutes to go we finish 4-4 at the final whistle.

More composure and calmer heads are needed we cant always rely on Harry Dancaster to organise and clear up at the back. A very disappointing draw as the Chiddingfold curse strikes again albeit with help by ourselves.

Charlie Gibson – 2
Sullivan Howick – 1
Toby Davis 1

Men of the Match
Charlie Gibson – 2 goals and an assist
Harry Dancaster – totally in command until injured